This article is how we chose Digium for our office phone service provider.
To start at the beginning of the thread, start here.
If you are responsible for marketing scientific services, that last stop on the funnel to landing a client is the company phone system. Picture this; your potential client knows nothing about you. They have a hunch that you perform the service they need or they wouldn’t be calling. But they aren’t sure and they need to talk it through with someone. Plus, they are buying a service. They can’t ship it back once it’s received so they are on high alert for signals of what kind of quality the company is that they are dealing with. You will be judged harshly on what the client knows about you as you take their phone call. All they know about you to base that decision on is HOW you take the call.
Your company needs to shine like a diamond at this moment.
How do prospects judge the quality of your company even before you talk to them about the services they are interested in buying?
- How many times did the phone ring before it was answered?
- Did the caller go to a person, an answering machine or an auto-attendant?
- Was the message short or long? Did it waste their time with non relevant talking?
- Once the call was routed, did it go to a person or a voicemail box?
- If it went to a voicemail box, how many minutes was it before someone got back to them?
- Is it possible to get a busy signal?
- Is it possible to get lost in auto-attendant hell?
- What happens if they are on hold “Too Long”?
The scope of this article is software related, we won’t be talking about hardware yet, and further down the line we can talk about the “meat-ware”, the people who answer the phones.
In order of importance, what I based my decision on was:
- Great customer experience
- Sound like a company that’s on the ball, professional.
- Get answers fast.
- Never frustrate the caller.
- Never get a busy signal, inbound or outbound.
- No limit to number of phones.
- Bulletproof from a tech standpoint.
I’m going to talk in depth about each bullet point above so I’ll break that out into their own posts.
Phone System Customer Experience
A3E is an Environmental Consulting company located in Lisle Illinois. We identify and remediate contaminated property for commercial real estate clients and financial institutions.