About A3 Environmental Consultants
A3 Environmental, LLC (A3E) is a full-service, woman-owned, small business specializing in providing quality environmental services. Our clients include private entities, federal, state, and local government organizations. We perform due diligence, site assessments, and remediation across the United States. We are nimble. We offer turnkey solutions to the environmental concerns encountered in today’s complex regulatory environment. We work hard and quickly, paying attention to the details so you have the answers you need, when you need them, with results you can trust.
Our philosophy, with every project, is to deeply understand our client’s needs. This understanding allows A3E to develop a detailed scope of services within our proposal to meet or exceed your goals and objectives. We treat each relationship as a partnership where the strategic expertise and experience of our managers help clients anticipate and overcome planning, resource management, and regulatory hurdles. As the project progresses, we maintain constant contact with our client and the team to ensure your project is done to your satisfaction and within your timeframe.
We appreciate our clients and the opportunities they present to make a cleaner environment and keep our planet healthy. We believe the work we do is more than a job; it’s a calling.
A3E – Industrial Hygienist – Asbestos, Lead, Mold Inspector
Candidate Requirements (Licensed building inspector in Illinois) Looking for an individual with 1-5 years of industrial hygiene experience to include asbestos (required) and lead and mold sampling (not required but preferred).
● Licensed asbestos building inspector
● Licensed lead inspector (not required but preferred)
● Licensed air sampler – Niosh 582 (not required but preferred)
● Mold sampling experience to include air and tape lift assessments (not required but preferred)
● Asbestos project manager’s license (not required but preferred)
Project management experience including building inspection, reviewing building plans, proposal writing including cost estimation, performing abatement oversight, coordinating abatement bid walks, project management. Performs field inspection activities required for the project including bulk sampling for asbestos. Report writing including sample location and positive location diagrams submitted to CAD for drafting. Uses and maintains inspection field equipment. Maintains licenses and refresher required by state regulations.
Able to work independently in the field with little supervision. Must be able to perform other field activities while waiting for asbestos projects to supplement employment such as: hazardous materials surveys (identifying hazardous building components or other materials that need to be identified, quantified and cost estimated prior to building renovation or demolition); various field oversight duties such as signing manifests associated with soil removal, simple field sampling to include testing of soil for pH or obtaining a surface or groundwater sample (these field activities do not require prior experience and are required of all field employees at A3E).
Career Track Jobs
We are always looking for good talent and are interested to know if you’re looking for a new challenge. If you want a job with us the qualities we look for are:
- Superior technical ability.
- Excellent writing skills. Everything we do ends with a well written technical report.
- Amazing organization skills.
- The ability to work on more than one project at a time.
- Time management skills. Timesheets are a fact of life here.
- Type A personality. We like people that are uptight about making deadlines and doing things correctly.
- No fear of talking to strangers, on the phone or in person.
- Works as a team. You can’t horde work, you can’t think you know it all.
- Willingness to learn, teach, give and take constructive criticism.
- Persistence & Tenacity
How to Apply
Send resume to: Tim@A3E.com
Follow up with a phone call. Tim (630) 507-9014
The best candidates will know something about what we do and will be able to speak intelligently about our services even if they have never done it before. There’s plenty of information on this website. I would know what a Phase I ESA is, who buys them and something about how they are done. I would also read up about A3E on our social media sites.