A wetland delineation report is the “deliverable”, the thing you receive, when you purchase a wetland delineation. This work is performed during the due diligence process which happens in advance of purchasing a commercial property. Not every project is the same. Not every client needs the same level of inspection done on their property. Because of this, we broke the sections of a wetland delineation up into pieces so they could be purchased unbundled. Buying just the due diligence you need increases the speed and decreases the cost of the work we do. We help you make better decisions, faster, while spending less money.
But sometimes you need a full wetland delineation. Below you will find out what you get when you purchase a full wetland delineation.
- Wetland Screen – Desktop review of databases and maps to predict the probability and location of a wetland.
- Upland & Wetland Field Work – Actually going to the site, digging, sampling, inspecting, flagging, & delineating.
- Wetland Delineation Report – The work-product of this kind of consulting is always a report. In a full delineation, the report you receive at the end is good enough for the Army Corp of Engineers and / or your county stormwater agency
- Jurisdictional Wetland Permitting – If jurisdictional wetlands are found, permit applications need to be submitted.
- Jurisdictional Determination Request – This is a letter from the regulatory bodies agreeing with the wetland delineation. This document is the proof needed by most that they can start designing and engineering their future project.
Wetland Delineation Report Deliverable
If you purchase a full wetland delineation, you’ll receive the sum total of the wetland screen, the wetland field work which will outline the boundaries of the wetland if they are found and a report that you can turn into the US Army Corp of Engineers and county stormwater regulators. This report will be exactly what’s needed for the agencies to make a determination on what, if anything needs to be done for you to build on the property.
Wetland Delineation Report Cost
These reports are hard to get pricing on because they depend on distance to travel, size of the property, and how many people need to be on the job. We do projects from $3,000 for a backyard pole barn all the way up to $35,000 for a solar farm array across 700 acres of former agriculture. The best way to know your cost is to call us and talk through your project. We’ll look to save you money, time or both if we can.
What Happens Next? Jurisdictional Wetland Permitting.
The wetland delineation report is the professional opinion of our wetland delineators and the years of experience they possess. What it isn’t is a golden ticket to do anything you’d like. We need to submit the report to the regulatory agencies, in this case the Army Corps of Engineers and possibly the county stormwater agency. Our report can say one of two things. The first possibility is that we found wetlands and are seeking to avoid disturbing them. The second is that we didn’t find wetlands and we are looking for a letter from the agencies that they agree with our work. If we get “agency buyoff” the letter is the best assurance you have that you can proceed with your plans to purchase or build.
Call A3E for Wetland Due Diligence
Whether it’s wetland screens, wetland confirmations, wetland delineations or a jurisdictional wetland determination, A3 Environmental Consultants can get your project done. Call (888) 405-1742 or email us at Info@A3E.com and let’s talk about your project.