Rebecca Olson, a highly regarded Lake County Certified Wetland Delineator, leads the A3 Environmental, LLC/Olson Ecological Services (A3E/OES) Joint Venture as their Principal Ecologist. She specializes in wetland and water quality consulting services in the Upper Midwest Region, with a focus on preserving and restoring native remnants and natural areas.
Approach to Wetland Conservation:
The team works diligently to design and implement wetland and natural stormwater filters in various settings such as river corridors, drainage systems, wetlands, parks, and neighborhoods. By concentrating on designing and monitoring wetland and stream mitigation plans, preventing nonpoint source pollution, and implementing best management practices (BMPs) for stormwater runoff, contributes to the preservation and restoration of the environment. Moreover, their restoration crew supports efforts to maintain public open spaces, wetland mitigation sites, and natural areas in and around the Chicagoland Region.
Key Project Experience as a Lake County Certified Wetland Specialist:
Wetland & Stream Restoration, Mitigation, & Permitting
- Rebecca Olson’s extensive experience includes designing wetland and stream restoration and mitigation plans, site assessment, target plant communities, restoration specifications, performance standards, and monitoring functions and vegetation.
Stormwater Infiltration & Filtration Planning & Design
- Collaborating with engineers, Rebecca designs BMPs such as constructed stormwater wetlands, stream meanders, bank stabilization, filter strips, and vegetated bioswales to improve stormwater quality.
Bioremediation of Lakes & Ponds
- Rebecca plans and installs BioHaven floating treatment wetlands on ponds and lakes to enhance water quality.
Vegetative Survey Protocol Design
- Rebecca designs plans and protocols for monitoring site conditions and restoration efforts via vegetation surveys.
Wetland Delineation, Permitting, T&E Habitat Surveys
- Rebecca has extensive experience in delineating wetlands according to the US Army Corps of Engineers’ Wetland Delineation Manual, drafting permit applications for wetland and stream impacts, and conducting habitat surveys for T&E species.
Watershed-based Planning & Inventories
- Rebecca is skilled in inventorying watersheds, planning nonpoint source pollution prevention, and facilitating community efforts following EPA guidelines.
Park & Subdivision Conservation Design
- Rebecca plans and designs naturalized amenities for parks and conservation developments.
- As a Lake County Certified Wetland Specialist, Rebecca has played a significant role in protecting over 2,360 acres in northern Illinois through real estate transactions and conservation easements.
Grant Writing & Administration
- Rebecca secures funding and administers grants for land conservation, restoration, and planning projects from federal, state, and private sources.
Lake County Certified Wetland Delineator
Rebecca Olson brings her expertise and dedication to preserving and restoring the environment through her work with A3E/OES. By focusing on wetland conservation, stormwater management, and land preservation, Rebecca and her team are making a positive impact on the ecological health of the Upper Midwest Region.
Rebecca Olson’s Resume – Click to Download
Rebecca Olson’s Lake County Wetland Delineator Certification